Hoot Family

Sunday, April 22, 2012

I never thought I would do it...

But I made a mug rug. I know, I know. Why would I do that? Do people actually use them? And why? What purpose do they serve? Why do people use them? What is wrong with just putting your mug right there on the table? I will justify it by saying that it is for a swap on Ravelry. My partner has a thing for purple and I happened to have a few purple scraps lying about that needed a new home. Pieces that werent really big enough to do anything with on their own. It was a good way to use up a heap of little scrappy pieces :)
I used MadeByRae's tutorial for using the backing fabric as the binding and it was so easy, I will be using it again! Now I just hope my secret swap pal likes it!

4 comments:

  1. Dude, it's called a coaster and I only use them in pubs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. first the mug rug.....next the bread buddy? Love the colours you used though lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh bread buddy! I know someone who has a birthday coming up who would LOVE one of those!

      Delete
  3. Hi Emily I really like the your mug rug and the colour choice is tops!

    ReplyDelete